Position Description: HR Assistant
The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, and employment. The HR assistant has partial responsibility for these areas: * recruiting and staffing logistics;
* performance management and improvement tracking systems; * employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping; * assisting with employee relations;
* company-wide committee facilitation and participation;
* company employee communication;
* compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping; * employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and * employee services;
* maintaining employee files and the HR filing system;
* assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office. The Human Resources assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the HR director, and assists company managers with HR issues. Primary Objectives:
* Safety of the workforce.
* Development of a superior workforce.
* Development of the Human Resources department.
* Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance. * Personal ongoing development.
Development of the Human Resources Department
* Administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company. * Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems. Assists with the tracking of departmental and company measurements that support the accomplishment of the companyï¿½s strategic goals. * Prepares and maintains reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the Human Resources department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested. * Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary and to represent the department. Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
* Maintains the HRIS database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management. * Updates employee phone directory and company organization chart. Maintains a database of employee contact information. * Periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy.
* Assists in the development and updating of the Human Resources section of the Web site. * Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner. * Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements. Benefits Administration
* Conducts benefit orientations and other benefit training, as needed. * Processes enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs. * Reconciles monthly billing statements against payroll deductions. * Assists employees with any benefit claim issues or concerns. * Administers the day-to-day transactions of the 401(k) plan and processes employee loans and applications. Training and Development
* Schedules participants into training sessions.
* Tracks participants and training records.
* Enters training records into database and maintains it. * Tracks the implementation of the employee performance development plans (PDPs). * Tracks the accomplishment of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document